Eighteen Photographers in England, France, Holland, Iceland, Italy, Ukraine and Russia are given a roll of 35mm film to shoot and send the undeveloped roll along with a title to the curators. Each photographer is paired with a brand and will shoot their pieces on friends, family, models, objects, still life, etc. in adherence with the Dogme '16 rules.
Dogme '16:1. Shooting must be done on location, no studios.
2. Props and sets must not be brought in; a location for a certain prop must be chosen where the prop is found.
3. Once a meeting place has been chosen, only the fashion curator can bring clothes, but the subjects must dress themselves and choose their own clothes without further intervention of the fashion curator.
4. Hair or make-up artists are not allowed.
5. Camera must be handheld (no timer, or tripods).
6. Special lighting is forbidden, except for a built in flash.
7. Optical work and filters are forbidden.
8. Temporal and geographic alienation is forbidden.
9. Genre series are not acceptable.
10. Must be shot on 35mm film.
11. No post production.
We apply the dogme '95 techniques and reinterpretation of rules to the medium of analogue film.We refuse budgets, special effects, post-production, modifications and other technical gimmicks that have seen the editorial and photography world saturated with.
We encourage imagery to further explore the story with the objective to engage the observer, not alienate. Photographers, brands, and other people involved will only be listed as “participants", so the observer will not be biased to one series over another.
We do not accept advertising, but only donations towards the limited printing costs. there are no more than 500 copies and it will not go into reprint. this is to show appreciation for the observers who seek to observe.